Thursday, September 15, 2005

Easy 40min run

I just love the fact that I can go for an easy 40min run!

The only place to do an easy run near home (read: sans nasty-arse hills) is along the scenically-challenged Military Road. Not the nicest place to run but it was flat and the traffic wasn't heavy at 6am this morning (and no magpies!). Covered around 6+kms. A very easy comfortable run. Shins are good; my knee isn't 100% yet - there were a few minor niggles in my knee from time to time - but it pulled up very well this afternoon (a huge improvement on Sunday afternoon). Happy days!

20mins of stretches tonight particularly focusing on my glutes & hammies + the usual precautionary ice for my shins.

PS Officially (and finally) back to pre-holiday weight. Woohoo (but about bloody time!)

5 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Its so good to read that you enjoyed your run without anything more than the knee niggle! Well done Jen - do you need a better excuse to celebrate at Cafe Lindt?

Cirque said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the run Jen and had no nasty after-effects. Roll on 21/31.

Dave said...

Wow Jen, that sounds like a great improvement!

Why don't you go and run the paths around Cremorne point, a bit of a climb to get back but much nicer view?

Tesso said...

As a fellow OA (ornithophobics anonymous) member, I'm happy to hear you had a magpie free run!

Lulu said...

Yay.. I agree it is nice to think you can run for 40 mins and consider it relatively easy! Glad you've recovered from the race and with limited niggles. See you soon