Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You learn something new every day....

I had planned to walk into work this morning but the time I crawled into bed last night I was feeling rather ordinary so I slept in instead. I was feeling rather ordinary this morning but I felt better as the day went on.

Other than a massage, today was a rest day. To cut a long story short, it looks like my leg problem may be caused by my peroneus longus in my lower leg rather than my ITB. I didn't even know I had a peroneus longus, nor did I realise just how unhappy it was. This also makes sense because when I used the rolled up towel on my ITB last night, I got a bit confused because my ITB wasn't very tight at all. So she agreed with the witchdoctor that it's probably due to my body adapting now that my shins/calves are pulling their weight (so to speak). I've also got to buy a golf ball tomorrow to roll under my foot...(edit: forgot to mention that she commented that I've put on quite a bit of muscle mass since I last saw her 6 weeks ago - yippee!) So an hour of massage later, I was walking gingerly back to the office. My knee felt rather unhappy this afternoon - not a big surprise - but after a hot bath and 20mins of easy stretching tonight I'm feeling really good. I've got another massage booked for next Tuesday (as per the witchdoctor's instructions), before seeing the WD himself next Wednesday morning. I'm feeling really optimistic now :-)

2 comments:

Stu Mac said...

A what? "peroneus longus"

I'm not sure where or what this is, but I hope that starts to improve and allow you back out on the consistent roads.


Thanks for the message about my race.

miners said...

good to know the ITB thingy has been cleared up (just as long as youy longus thingy isn't as bad?)

Love that a massage counts as a non-rest day ;)