Tuesday morning I headed out the door at about 5am for an easy 35mins run. The first 10mins were pretty rusty and slow but after a stop or two to stretch my calves, I settled into a comfortable pace. I've pulled up really well after Sunday's lil adventure - even better than the week before - none of the ankle soreness or DOMS that I experienced last week :-)
It was a loverly morning for a run - quiet, cool & still. I arrived home at 5.40am which gave me a whole 30mins to stretch before I needed to get ready for work - what a luxury these days! Finished with 5.57kms in 35:06mins (aver 6.18mins/km). Tuesday ended with dinner in the Rocks with Owly, Ellie, Go Girl, Wobbly Man & family - was lovely to see Wobs again & meet his lovely girls (*waves*). Not to mention, to learn a few things about our friend Wobbly Man - including his nickname when he was living in Canberra in his late 20's
;-)
The rain over Tuesday night & Wednesday morning meant that my session with Satan in the park was cancelled & instead I got some extra recovery time (ie sleep). Thanks Owly! Rather than be completely lazy (which I felt like doing after a bit of a head cold set in yesterday), I headed to the gym at lunch for an Int/Adv GRC Pilates class - I haven't done one in a while but felt surprisingly strong. Noice.
4 sleeps til Quarry Road!
MTD: 60.93kms
6 comments:
Do you think that Nat will ever blog again?!
Merry Christmas, enjoy it out west!
dinners with the wobblies, quarry road runs, DOMS-free days - you're clearly having too much fun without me down there :(
I though Wob still was in his late 20s ;-)
That should be 'thought' not 'though' ...
Everything is sounding good Jen, keep the measured approach going.
I'm sure you'll have fun @ Quarry....
3 sleeps now ;-)
Post a Comment