Today I headed to a trail not far from home - location undisclosed - it is sekrit training after all ;-) which Mr G had described to me as "damn hilly" - he wasn't kidding...

Note that it was an out & back course - and this graph is only the 'out' part !
It was a lovely run - scenic with views of the river & the occasional MTBer. I took the 'out' part slowly, walking most of the uphills & then running the flats and most of the downhills, some were too steep even for me (who lurves running really scarily fast downhill!)
My legs felt good - I was getting a bit tired by the end but was able to push a bit harder on the return trip (with a nice negative split 1:02:15/57:52) which was really pleasing given it was my longest run since August!
Finished with 14.77kms in 2:00:07.
MTD: 29.43kms
Not much time to lie on the couch today - I gotta get ready for a hot date tonight :-)
10 comments:
ooo - i listened to last nights concert from my house (ok my bed - it was an early one...) and it sounded like the crowd was going nuts!!! much noisier than the roosters crowd! have fun :)
Those hills look amazingly steep. Or, "scenic". I am not surprised some downhill walks were in order.
Hmm, I am just "enjoying" the benefits of being a beta blogger: having to sign in before commenting.
Is that 65 metres vertical or 650? Anyway, looks hilly enough. I hope Robbie was up to standard.
Wooohooo Jen that is fantastic - I lurve the look of that graph!
Great job mate :-)
nice run profile!
i have a date with robbie next thursday.
i have to admit though i am going under duress! ;)
Yeah I heard you mob singing loudly last night as well.
Hey nice hills !
How come did you just moved in such a workout?? Semms like you just make it easily, how nice!
Well can't say much for your taste in men - erggh (is it just me, or do all Robbie's songs sound like a direct mash-up of Queen &/or Elton John tracks? I promise you'll never listen to him the same way again when you concentrate on the melodies thinking about the connection!)
loving the profiles of these runs you and 2P must be doing together ;)
Hope you didn't wear Robbie out, I've got him lined up for Thursday night.
By the way I thought of you yesterday during the Kurrawa race when Macarthur Park came on my iPod :-)
Robbie got bagged in today's SMH 'self-indulgent'. Hope you enjoyed it more. I've heard he's big in Penrith.
Post a Comment