Sunday, December 17, 2006

More sekrit hills...

Well, aren't I glad that I retired to the couch yesterday afternoon. Say goodbye to the Ashes England ;-)

Today's run was a bonus. After my run on Friday morning, I honestly did not think that my legs would be up for a return trip to my sekrit hilly trail. They felt really good during the run today - or maybe I was just too busy watching for snakes to even think about them ;-)

It was bloody hot by the time I set out at 9am. I should have gone earlier but just couldn't get my act together. The trail had been visited by a couple of motorbikes since I ran it last weekend which churned up the surface - making some of the steep downhills even trickier, not to mention creating lots of soft surfaces which my lower legs traditionally don't like very much.

Still I felt really comfortable & enjoyed the run. Finished it (14.60kms) in 1:55:22mins (splits of 58:51/56:31) - overall 4:30mins faster than last week. Happy days :-)

Came home & had an ice bath - yikes - to make sure my legs are ready to play next weekend when I head out to visit Quarry Road for the first time :-))

Here's the full course profile - it's a good thing I like hills !



MTD: 55.36kms

Righto, back to the couch - gotta love summer!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Nice chart ;) I so want a Garmin! :)

It's good to be back in blogland!

Ellie80 said...

ooo... can i come play one day? even if its a sekrit? (you can blindfold me...)

Superflake said...

Too many hills for me.

miners said...

wow - are you sure that profile's correct? Or is there a decimal ppoint missing, and it's really 1.4km and the little hills and valleys are just you hopping on and off the kerb? ;)

2P said...

LOL in reference to your bath and the shape of the elevation profile you should call this your "Iceberg Run" :-)

Nice work Jen - might have to give this course a whirl myself sometime soon.

Look after those leggies - Quarry Road here you come ;-)

Cirque said...

Ouch! That looks HARD!

undercover brother said...

with what u did on saturday i guess u did back to back long runs on the weekend!
good luck at quarry road.
and miners - youre not funny at all ;)

Tesso said...

OMG! I'd still be in the couch after all those hills.