...[s]he who never made a mistake never made a discovery - Samuel Smiles
This quote, which is on my desk calender today, made me smile. It seemed rather appropriate today after I sat down last night to start to write an end-of-year reflection about the interesting year that was…
This morning I headed out just before 5am for a 45mins run. Another loverly morning for a run - there was mist over the river and cascading down through the valleys in the Mountains - bewdiful. My folks live on the edge of surburbia so 5mins sees me on the backroads where there are more animals - rabbits, goats& horses - than McMansions, utes or people. In fact, I ran straight down the white line in the middle of the road for 15mins today without seeing anyone (& needless to say, any cars!) And no, I wasn't wearing my iPod so I could hear if there were any cars approaching…it was 5am - only crazy people are out that time of day ;-)
The first 5mins were pretty rusty - as always - but I settled down quickly & felt really comfortable & strong for the whole run. The pace was probably a bit quick but hey, I was having a great time! Finished with 7.24kms in 44:58mins (aver 6:12min/km). A bloody great way to start the day.
MTD: 68.17kms
Bring on Quarry Road - I'm excited :-))
7 comments:
Running on the white line for 15 minutes! You wouldn't try that in California - too many hybrids.
Have fun on Quarry Road Jen.
It's great to see you in such good form and cranking up the kms for the month. Quarry road will be great for you I'm sure!
Merry Christmas and have fun on the hills at Quarry Road.
45 mins - I'm impressed ;-)
Nice work Jen - 3 sleeps :-)))
I've heard there is a lot of space in the country. See you at the Quarry.
I won't see you at QR on Sunday Jen (silly niggles), so I hope you have a great Xmas and a safe New Year. :)
nice run my dear - glad to hear it. sounds beautiful. field trip to penrith could be in order :)
Post a Comment